Concerned with environmental protection and the quality of life of its employees, customers and the public, Olymel ensures that its companies, activities and products are environmentally friendly. To do so, it has made the following commitments:
1. COMPLIANCE WITH LEGISLATION : Olymel must comply with environmental legislation and regulations and make all necessary efforts to minimize the environmental impact of its companies and activities.
2. EMERGENCY PLAN : Olymel has implemented and keeps emergency plans up to date in order to react quickly to environmental emergencies and provides training to employees so that they may apply these plans.
3. ACQUISITIONS AND INVESTMENTS : In its investments and acquisitions policy, Olymel includes an environmental assessment of companies and activities that it plans to acquire or launch.
4. STAFF TRAINING : Olymel communicates its environmental policy, objectives, projects and environmental systems to all employees and managers. Olymel implements training programs for employees and managers on environmental management and the prevention of environmental hazards inherent to its companies and activities.
5. COMMUNICATION OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY : The environmental policy applies to Olymel and its subsidiaries. Olymel requires its employees, managers, partners, associates and affiliated companies to comply with its environmental policy.
6. APPLICATION OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY : It is the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer of Olymel to ensure that the environmental policy is applied and to report the environmental performance of Olymel companies and activities to the Board of Directors as often as required, but at least once per year.
Environmental performance reports addressed to the Olymel Board of Directors by its CEO must, among other things, deal with the following topics:
7. MONITORING OF THE APPLICATION OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY : The Olymel Board of Directors directs the Chief Executive Officer to introduce and ensure the implementation and continuous improvement of an environmental management system. Moreover, the Chief Executive Officer shall deliver a report to the Board of Directors on the progress of the implementation and monitoring of Olymel’s environmental performance system as often as required, but at least once per year.
8. ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE : An environmental advisory committee made up of members of the Olymel Executive Committee and appointed by this committee is also mandated in order to review and monitor the environmental policy, monitor the compliance of Olymel companies and activities with environmental legislation and regulations, submit a quarterly report to the Olymel Executive Committee and make recommendations. The CEO must ensure that the information on Olymel companies and activities in this regard is directed to the Environmental Advisory Committee every six months.